chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Forum Closing December 1, 2020

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty there links to programs are allowed but not here

Post  sergeyxvj on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:08 pm

there links to programs are allowed but not here

sergeyxvj

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Closing December 1, 2020

Post  tishanddash on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 pm

sergeyxvj wrote:there links to programs are allowed but not here

may well  be true but there is nothing recent worth downloading  and the way its set up it extremely difficult to find the boards even if there were any recent posts worth looking at. Shocked i was a member there in its Golden days Peter pan aka Izac Smile . CBS:)  , and our Opera lover  the main man  here Smile so believe me its not even a pale shadow of immortal or here Sad

tishanddash

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Thank you for all the work

Post  Gigabayt on Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Dear CG!
In my life I have met few people who are devoted to chess like you.
Good luck and thank you very much for your work.

Gigabayt

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum Closing December 1, 2020

Post  Dean Brown on Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:40 am

This is sad news, but thanks so much for all your effort, it has been very much appreciated.
Best wishes for your future ventures.

Dean

Dean Brown

Back to top Go down

Post  AnjumSKhan on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:18 pm

chessgod101 wrote:Dear chessgod101 users,
When I created this forum in 2009, I had no anticipation that this community would grow to the magnitude of where it is today. Chess was very important to me in my youth. It helped me turn my life around when I was a struggling high school student. It also led me to meet my now ex-wife from the Philippines. When that relationship ended badly, it left me with little desire to play chess. I no longer feel the passion to play the game, as it causes me to relive those painful memories when I do. The upkeep of the site, with the constant spamming and seemingly never ending DMCA requests, has taken up a lot of my free time. The limited interface for this forum also makes deleting spam very difficult, as it requires me to delete posts one at a time. With my hectic work schedule, on top of my other responsibilities, it has made giving the forum the attention it deserves impossible. It is because of these factors, that I have decided to shutdown the forum indefinitely December 1st. I want to thank everyone for all of the hard work that went into keeping this forum active and prosperous throughout its lifetime. It is just time for me to move on.

Hearty thanks for your efforts !!! No words for this wonderful forum. Hope it keeps going ad infinitum.

But when you go out for helping others, you never close it. Blessings keep coming.

So, request you to avert your decision and let this forum keeps going ad infinitum.

AnjumSKhan

tishanddash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Same..

Post  Voyager on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Dear Chessgod101,

Seems like we share similar emotional struggle when it comes to the relationship that ended badly, leaving us completely empty when chess is concerned.
No wish to play it, and everything related to chess reminds me of...it is too damn strong, just too strong.
It even affected my health.

My situation went to "do not use profanity" in the middle of 2018.
I tried to get back to chess, tried to tell myself "the painful emotions will pass" - but it will never pass - it stays with us, we live with it, and that's just life.

I've been a person who didn't belive in "falling in love" and "heartaches" and all that...ooh boy...

Well, anyway, some things you don't forget.
I understand you - and I wish you to find something that you really like but haven't been able to do till now in life - I discovered that it helps.
Also, time does its thing...it's been 2 years now and yeah it still hurts, but if I pay close attention - as if the mind slowly, very slowly kinda pushes it somewhere where it has less and less emotional impact.
It's not burying and forgetting no - it's a natural mechanism we all have - that's actually why people say "it will be better, it will be okay".

Goodbye and thanks for all the chess ! I love you
🖐🏻🙂

Voyager

tishanddash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Thank you!

Post  superps on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 am

Thank you for all this years,
you need time for you and you have right reasons,
my best for the future, i hope to see you again when time will be right.

SP

superps

Pavel Bakov and tishanddash like this post

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty What a shame!

Post  Boekjeslezer on Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm

Too bad, but you have given a lot to the community. Thank you! This place will be sorely missed.

chessgod101 wrote:Dear chessgod101 users,
When I created this forum in 2009, I had no anticipation that this community would grow to the magnitude of where it is today. Chess was very important to me in my youth. It helped me turn my life around when I was a struggling high school student. It also led me to meet my now ex-wife from the Philippines. When that relationship ended badly, it left me with little desire to play chess. I no longer feel the passion to play the game, as it causes me to relive those painful memories when I do. The upkeep of the site, with the constant spamming and seemingly never ending DMCA requests, has taken up a lot of my free time. The limited interface for this forum also makes deleting spam very difficult, as it requires me to delete posts one at a time. With my hectic work schedule, on top of my other responsibilities, it has made giving the forum the attention it deserves impossible. It is because of these factors, that I have decided to shutdown the forum indefinitely December 1st. I want to thank everyone for all of the hard work that went into keeping this forum active and prosperous throughout its lifetime. It is just time for me to move on.

Boekjeslezer

Pavel Bakov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  skapa on Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 am

ChessGod,

Thanx for all.
Best regards

Skapa

skapa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mychess on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am

Thanks everyone.

Good bye Chessgod.

Mychess

Back to top Go down

Forum Closing December 1, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Dear ChessGod

Post  rajkrishna on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:33 am

ChessGod in my view u should change your decision , i am saying this because i m least active member but most interested in chess although I wanted my career in chess and played a lot but due to unwarranted situations i never be able to go further in this field but my passion never ended despite many setbacks and disturbing events in life , i still just play for fun and live my passion , so i learnt that true passion never end may be slowed but never ends and if possible take help of members to handle forum and distribute your burden and live your passion together with members of this forum .
Think again..............
rajkrishna.verma@gmail.com

rajkrishna

Pavel Bakov and tishanddash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  tishanddash on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Sad

Last edited by tishanddash on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

tishanddash

Back to top Go down

Post  tishanddash on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Arrow Sad

Last edited by tishanddash on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

tishanddash

Back to top Go down

Post  MiguelTal1960 Yesterday at 5:24 pm

Thank you.

MiguelTal1960

Back to top Go down

Post  KeyChess Yesterday at 9:50 pm

Thank you very much Chessgod for all the time you dedicated to the forum. It was a pleasure to visit it often and to share material for the chess community. Good luck and so long my friend.

KeyChess

Pavel Bakov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adnan Yesterday at 11:43 pm

Really sad news

adnan

Back to top Go down

Post  adnan Yesterday at 11:48 pm

Really sad news Sad Sad

adnan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2