chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Go down

At what point should members with excessive negative reputations be banned?

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_lcap53%Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 49 ]
Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_lcap22%Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 20 ]
Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_lcap13%Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_lcap4%Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_lcap8%Ban members with excessive negative reputations Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
 
Total Votes : 92

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am

I believe that a member who cares nothing for his reputation and insists on posting ridiculous amounts of unwanted garbage should not be allowed to continue spoiling the forum in this way. Enough is enough.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Flash on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Bud wrote:I believe that a member who cares nothing for his reputation and insists on posting ridiculous amounts of unwanted garbage should not be allowed to continue spoiling the forum in this way. Enough is enough.

Your suggestion is problematic because a member's reputation is the sum of the reputation of all his posts. Now if a member raises an interesting topic with which others disagree, they click on this green/red bar on the right. Every time somebody clicks on the minus sign, the member's reputation goes down, even though the other member only expressed his opinion on this very post. So posting controversial but interesting topics will probably ruin your reputation.

To illustrate the point I have just given a negative to your post. This reduced you rep from 30 to 29. I only wanted to show you the problem, mind you. I consider your post the start of a discussion worth having. So normally I wouldn't have given you a minus.

An extreme example is a relatively new thread by a helpful member who posted that a certain GM has threatened on his Facebook page to sue the site because his material appeared here. That's valuable information and certainly not spam. What happened? Everybody clicked on "minus", to say "I don't like the GM's threat at all". As a result this member's reputation is now at -30 or so.

So no, as it is, reputation can hardly be more than an indicator to have a mod - or better 2 mods independently - look into a member.

Flash

Posts : 18
Points : 19
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2019-03-17

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Gast on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Flash wrote:
Bud wrote:I believe that a member who cares nothing for his reputation and insists on posting ridiculous amounts of unwanted garbage should not be allowed to continue spoiling the forum in this way. Enough is enough.

Your suggestion is problematic because a member's reputation is the sum of the reputation of all his posts. Now if a member raises an interesting topic with which others disagree, they click on this green/red bar on the right. Every time somebody clicks on the minus sign, the member's reputation goes down, even though the other member only expressed his opinion on this very post. So posting controversial but interesting topics will probably ruin your reputation.

To illustrate the point I have just given a negative to your post. This reduced you rep from 30 to 29. I only wanted to show you the problem, mind you. I consider your post the start of a discussion worth having. So normally I wouldn't have given you a minus.

An extreme example is a relatively new thread by a helpful member who posted that a certain GM has threatened on his Facebook page to sue the site because his material appeared here. That's valuable information and certainly not spam. What happened? Everybody clicked on "minus", to say "I don't like the GM's threat at all". As a result this member's reputation is now at -30 or so.

So no, as it is, reputation can hardly be more than an indicator to have a mod - or better 2 mods independently - look into a member.

Did you first think before you wrote?

Gast
Guest


Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  hamster64 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

jeando wrote:......... silence idiot.

Really I believe you had a bad childhood...

hamster64

Posts : 26
Points : -27
Reputation : -55
Join date : 2018-03-17

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 am

Bud wrote:I believe that a member who cares nothing for his reputation and insists on posting ridiculous amounts of unwanted garbage should not be allowed to continue spoiling the forum in this way. Enough is enough.

jeando wrote:failed son of darkness,snake ajedrez activo jajaa


Greetings Bud!

Great to meet a fellow "failed son of darkness," cheers

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  One Piace on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:59 am

brethsup wrote:YES IS GAY:

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Unamajedrez2+023

THE BLACK IS YOUR WIFE.

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Capabl10  reputation =-100000000000[/b]

bann for this stupid of capablack. (capamaricon jajaja) capagay= capamarica.

get out from here capamorsa jaja
si este tambien es marica de mexico a pekin. jajaja

while the gay capamorsablack continue no colaborate with this books. [/quote]




internet connects all people around the world, one of which in this forum is a gathering place for people from various countries and backgrounds, and sometimes we meet monkey brains, who don't know about ethics and manners, they talk like animals and insult, very strange seeing people like that in the modern world, whether in the country where he came from, it is very unique to see the other side of human nature in various countries, sometimes it is very difficult to distinguish between humans and monkeys, as if the monkey was playing the internet forum chessgod101 ,you can see that in the nickname brethsup Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ban members with excessive negative reputations 2cdvdqq
One Piace
One Piace

Posts : 267
Points : 182
Reputation : -146
Join date : 2014-09-06
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Is Jeando/Brethup and its clones winning the game?

Post  Desperateforchess on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Is Jeando/Brethup and its clones winning the game?

Yes, he is.

But my question about Jeando/Brethup and its clones: WHO WIN WITH HIS BEHABIOUR? (think like a film where investigators search the motive of a crime in order to find the criminal).

As you have mentioned, directly the main consequence is that people who was sharing new materials END TO SHARE, leave the forums and maybe the forum finally would be closed in the future.

WHO WIN? Obvious, the editors of materials. Could be Jeando/Brethup and its clones a representative of editors? Well, if that is the case, he is winning the game, because the other players have give up and left the forum.

WHO ALSO WIN? In my opinion those people that organize private buy groups with the only goal of earn money. Please, understand my idea, I have sometimes participated in this type of groups and I think they are absolutely necessary to take new materials to be shared, but some people seem to be earning a lot of money (please, my apologies for my words for those existing buy groups that only want to share the knowledge between its participants, I agree with your task). The important: IS Jeando/Brethup and its clones who is earning a lot of money selling products out of the forum? Again, HE IS WINNING THE GAME.

I wanted to share my thoughts with you. Nevertheless, whatever the goal of Jeando/Brethup and its clones was, he is winning the game.

Or simply he is a monkey.

Desperateforchess

Desperateforchess

Posts : 3
Points : 1
Reputation : -3
Join date : 2019-06-09

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  shahrad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm

We need first a system which bans members who excessively down-vote posts. Today I saw every "thank you" post being down-voted.

shahrad

Posts : 120
Points : 149
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2018-11-15

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Anheiser Bush on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 pm

shahrad wrote:We need first a system which bans members who excessively down-vote posts. Today I saw every "thank you" post being down-voted.
Banning or any other rules are pointless when a single person is able to register hundreds of accounts.
Anheiser Bush
Anheiser Bush

Posts : 42
Points : 92
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2019-03-15

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  atari9000 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 pm

shahrad wrote:.....Today I saw every "thank you" post being down-voted.

"thank you post are not allowed", read forum rules, they are waste of time, when you open a new Post and a member just wrote "thank you".

atari9000

Posts : 91
Points : 91
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  shahrad on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 am

shahrad wrote:We need first a system which bans members who excessively down-vote posts. Today I saw every "thank you" post being down-voted.

My reputation is now negative because of this post. Laughing Cool

shahrad

Posts : 120
Points : 149
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2018-11-15

Back to top Go down

Ban members with excessive negative reputations Empty Re: Ban members with excessive negative reputations

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum